Friday, November 12, 2010

Bodega Bay

Alex and I were in Bodega Bay yesterday and part of today. We are in Mendocino at the moment at a Bed and Breakfast. We won’t normally be staying at nice places like this, but I’ve lost 30lbs and it is my reward. 
Bodega Bay was beautiful. The weather was awesome and the scenery was amazing. We got to Bodega Bay at around 3:45pm on November 11th and we stayed at a campground called Westside. It was a pretty tightly packed campground. Basically, just enough room to park our car and it had a small grassy area with a fire pit and picnic table. We took the last spot at the place; definitely was a blessing from the Lord. Since it gets dark so freaking early, it is hard to do much outdoor activities if we get to a place after 3pm because once we get settled in, the sun is already starting to go down, which is lame. We took a little walk when we got to the bay, but we didn’t start our walk until about 5:45pm and before we knew it, the sun had already gone down.  


This morning we got up early and were able to bike and hike to the beach. It was amazing! The winds were maybe 5mph and the sky was blue with just a dusting of clouds. After our hike we went to a little food stop and got the best clam chowder in all of Bodega Bay. I’m not kidding when I say it was the best. I normally don’t dig too much on clam chowder, but this was delectable and savory. My little sister, Elizabeth, would truly appreciate the flavors as much as I did. The chowder had huge chunks of clam and didn’t taste fishy at all. The fishiness of most clam chowders is what usually deters me from eating it. Once we were done filling our bellies we hopped into our bus and drove up hwy 1 to Mendocino.




Alex was driving the entire time and he was pretty nervous about the bus being able to make it because the road is so crazy, but we made it. We stopped at Pointe Arena Lighthouse for a bit and learned some history. It is the tallest light house in California and it was built in 1870, but after the 1906 earthquake it was rebuilt to what is standing today.  It was pretty neat. Seeing the lighthouse made me want to visit so many more around the USA.
Tomorrow we are going to Fort Bragg and we are going to visit their Indoor Water Park. I’m so excited. They supposedly keep the water temp at 85 degrees all year round. I guess we will just have to find out for ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. NO Stinking WAYYYYY!!!! I wish i could be there so bad! indoor water park?! SO CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete