Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On The Road Again

I'm going to make this one short....I promise:) Alex and I just got back from a nice little vacation in our hometown of Sacramento. I enjoyed time with friends and family, but it wasn't enough time. I think going back home just made us even more eager to get back to Sacramento. I think we are finally ready to settle down again. We are probably going to be spending the next 3 to 4 weeks driving across the country from Pittsburgh to Sacramento.

Our van is having some oil problems at the moment, so I hope we can make it back with our van. It seems like driving in an old car there is always something that goes wrong.

We went to Sacramento for my little sister's wedding. It was a nice outdoor wedding at a beautiful place called The Biblical Gardens. The wedding was very non-traditional and everyone dressed very casual. The weather was perfect; sunny with a few clouds. The reception was picnic style where everyone brought there own chair and picnic blanket. I had a really nice time.

I wish we could have stayed longer, but our van was waiting for us at the airport and I guess the quicker we left Sacramento the quicker it will take us to get back home.

I know there is so much more to see and traveling around the country like this is a once in a lifetime thing that many people only dream of doing, but after 6 months of living in a VW van and being away from friends and family traveling can become very tiresome.

I'm excited to come home and excited to see the places along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment